Jawahar NavodayaVidyalayas (JNV) are present in 28 States and 07 Union Territories. These are co-educational residential schoolsthat are fully financed and administered by the Government of India through an autonomous organization called the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Admissions in JNVs are done through the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST (JNVST) at Class VI. The medium of instruction in JNVs is the mother tongue or regional language up to Class VIII and English later on for Maths and Science and Hindi for Social Science. JNV students appear for X and XII class examinations of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The Admission in JNV School will is dependent upon the performance of students in the Navodaya Admission Entrance Exam 2019-20.
The Navodaya Vidyalaya Class 6th Selection Test 2019-20 Admission form is available now.
Following are the important details:
- The duration of selection test is two hours. The test will have 3 sections with only objective type questions.
- There are 100 questions in all for a total of 100 marks. Each question carries one mark.
- An answer sheet will be provided. Candidates are supposed to mark their answers at an appropriate place on the answer sheet itself. The Answer sheet will be of Intelligence Character Recognition (ICR)/Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Sheet.
- Only Blue/Black Ball Point Pen is allowed for marking answers on the answer sheet. Candidates must bring their own ballpoint pens. Use of pencil is prohibited.
- There are four probable answers for each question, out of which only one is correct. The candidate is required to select the correct answer and indicate the correct corresponding number (1, 2, 3, 4) in the answer sheet. Any other mode such as marking ( Ö ) OR (a, b, c, d) OR (A, B, C, D) etc. to mark the answers on the answer sheet will not be accepted.
- Answers once marked cannot be changed. Overwriting, cutting and erasing on the Answer Sheet is also not allowed.
- One mark will be given for every correct answer.
- There is No negative marking.
How to Apply for JNV Admission Form 2019-20?
The process for submission of the application for JNV Selection Test has been simplified via online process. Registration may be done free of cost through the admission portal of NVS linked through www.navodaya.gov.in Verification of proofs for residence, age, eligibility etc will be done for selected candidates through the laid down procedure after the declaration of results. The eligible candidates have to fill up the online form and upload the certificate issued by the Head Master/Principal where the candidate is studying in class V with the photograph along with signatures of both candidates and his /her parent/guardian. The attachments should be uploaded in jpg format and file size must be between 10-100 kb only.
The online platform is an open source and free of cost. The application may be submitted from any source like desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet etc.