Chandigarh Police has previously declared vacancies for 520 posts of Constable. The Physical Efficiency and Measurement Test (PE&MT) for the Male candidates for 520 Constable Posts which was advertised in 2015 were successfully conducted from 17th April to 22nd June 2017. The PE&MT test for Female candidates was conducted from 03rd July 2017 as per the schedule of the official Recruitment Notification.
Following are the details in regard of the Written exam, admit card and various important dates:
|Recruiter Name||Chandigarh Police|
|Total Posts||520 (Male & Female)|
|Written Exam Date||15-16 November 2018|
|Admit Card Status||Available Soon|
- The written exam will be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The constable exam will be conducted online at the examination centre.
- The Chandigarh Police Constable Admit Card will be issued for the candidates who qualify the PE&MT Test.
- The admit card can be downloaded from the official website, which is www.chandigarhpolice.gov.in.
- Here is how you can download the admit card. Go to Notifications. Under Notifications, follow the link Admit card for the written Test of 520 Constable Posts.
- Enter your application number and date of birth in the given field.
- Your Chandigarh Police Constable Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Print it on paper for the further use and keep safe until the recruitment process finished.
- In case you lose your admit card, you can obtain a copy of the same by making a payment of Rs.50/- at the time of Physical Endurance and Measurement Test.
- In case of any queries, you can call on the helpline numbers listed- Helpline numbers: 0172-2791620, 8284888777
- For more information, you can visit the official website of the department at www.chandigarhpolice.nic.in.
The written exam pattern is as follows:
► The written test will be multiple choice objective type.
► There will be a composite paper of 100 marks.
► The time duration will be 01:45 hours (105 minutes).
► Each question will carry 01 mark for correct answer and a negative marking of 0.25 marks for wrong answer.
The details of syllabus are as follows:
G.K. & Current Affairs: History, Geography and Socio-Economic development of UT Chandigarh and India. Knowledge of current events of National and International importance and such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. Paper will also include questions on Current Events, Sports, Entertainment, Modern History of India, Indian culture, Indian Polity & Economy, Geography of India.
Numerical Ability: The test of Arithmetical and Numerical abilities will cover Number Systems including questions on Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Tables & Graphs, etc.
Reasoning: It will include the question of both verbal and non-verbal type. Question will be asked from analogies, similarities and differences, problem solving, relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions, Venn diagrams, relationship concepts and Ability to observe and distinguish patterns etc.